Every year TEP is proud to help a dozen or so people take their first or second steps into a fulfilling career as an ecologist. For many, it all starts at an Open Day where we provide details on some of the exciting and award-winning projects we work on around the country.
Candidates also get the chance to meet our 35-strong team of botanists, zoologists and ecological experts and learn about how their careers have progressed at TEP . In addition to allowing us to decide on who we would like to join our team, attendance at the Open Day allows you to consider whether an ecological career at TEP is right for you.
Following the Open Day we will invite successful candidates to join our team either on a fixed-term contract or on a freelance basis to work with us during spring and summer 2018. TEP invests heavily in staff training with free-to-attend opportunities available to fixed-term staff and/or freelancers including:
• In-house training courses (including office and field sessions) covering great crested newt and bat legislation, ecology, ID and survey methods
• A programme of Lunchtime CPD sessions covering a wide range of topics including emerging trends and new research in ecology through to updates on legislation and best practice
• significant on-the-job learning hours towards various protected species licences
• voluntary job shadowing opportunities across a range of other consultancy skills including an introduction to botany and ornithology survey techniques and a variety of office based services including research and analysis
• botanical training and a place on the Field ID Skills test accredited by Botanical Society of the British Isles
• chance to work alongside leading landscape designers, managers and arborists in a multi-disciplinary consultancy led by environmentalists
This year our Open Day is to be held on Friday 2nd February in Warrington. If you would like to be considered, please download the Selection Day Information and Application Form 2018 and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV. Please send the form back by noon on Monday 22nd January 2018. If you are selected to attend the Open Day, we will let you know by 5pm on Friday 26th January.
You may already be very experienced in field survey and wish to work for TEP as a freelance specialist. If so do let us know because we want to expand our network of skilled and licenced surveyors who can work independently and lead surveys. The Open Day may be of interest to you, but even if you cannot make it to Warrington on February 2nd, do not hesitate to get in touch.